Scooting by to say hi


There is a lovely Color Challenge going on right now over at The Play Date Cafe (#72).  Orange, Blue and Pink ... just delicious.

My new order from Paper Smooches came in this week, and I used the lovely Spiffy Scooters set for this card.  The colors just called out for one of these scooters.  I will also submit this card for the Paper Smooches Be our Guest Challenge.

The oval card was created with my Creative Memories Cutting System using the large oval frame, and then I used the medium frame for the orange cardstock.  I stamped the scooter onto orange and white cardstock.  Colored the white scooter with my copic markers, fussy cut the scooter, and paper pieced the scooter. I colored in the back of the mirrors, and then stamped the small and mini flowers around the edge.  Once the sentiment was added I put on the bling.

Products used to create my vision:
 - Stamps:  Paper Smooches Spiffy Scooters
 - Paper:  Bazzill Typhoon & Orange, and Paper Studio White
 - Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Paris Dusk and Bahama Blue, Copic Markers R81, R83, R85, RV69, V05, Y35 & YR15
 - Extras:  Paper Studio Gem Stones, and Hero Hues Flower Gems
 - Tools:  Creative Memories Cutting System, 3/16" Mini Glue Dots, and ATG

This is the first time I've made an oval card, and I really like the way it turned out.  I hop my design provides you with some inspiration to go forth and create.

Thank you for stopping by.

Comments

Carla said…
Oh I love it, what a great card. Love that saying!! Hugs,
Michele Gross said…
I love that scooter! Such a fun card and great way to use the colors!! Thanks so much for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!
Michele Gross said…
LOVE that CAS-ual Fridays badge! Thanks so much for your support Ruza!! :D hugs!
Chan said…
I love your happy card, Ruza!! :o) Love how you stamped the flowers all the way around and added the gems -- super-cute!
So cute, Ruza! I agree that these colors called for a fun image. I'm likin' the shiny bling you've got on here, too. :) THanks for playing with us at the CAfe.
Ruby said…
Great card Ruza! I love all the little flowers around the edge! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at the Play Date Cafe!
Jaclyn Miller said…
Hey Ruza,oh happy day for new stamps! Love how you've framed that scooter with all of those little daisies. A pleasure to see you in the Cafe again this week!