Be You!

I finally felt that my mojo was there for the current Color Challenge over at The Play Date Cafe Challenge #114.  Was hoping to get some new cardstock for the challenge when Katie & I went to Archiver's yesterday. I forgot that when Katie is with me, she loves to pick the colors. Her face lights up when I let her pick the colors, so we came home with various shades of red! The last trip we made in December she chose shades of blue! LOL ... I love that girl!

I pulled out my "Be You!" Unity Ippity Stamp set for today's challenge.  Stamped the image with Watermark Resist ink on burgundy, heat applied white embossing powder, fussy cut it out, and then added the gold around the edges and on the butterfly with a Gold Leafing Pen. The same processed was used for the sentiment. 

The splatter on the kraft cardstock was created with Sugar Plum Fairy Glimmer Mist. It doesn't look plum on the kraft, so I added the rhinestone trail behind the butterfly!

Close up of the butterfly in flight.
Fussy cutting and adding the gold to the butterfly was time consuming, but so worth it. I popped some 3D foam squares under the center of the butterfly so that the wings can be folded up while in flight.  The best part is that you could lay the wings flat for easy mailing.

Now for the inspirational photo ...
Until next time ... Enjoy!
Ruza

Other products used ... Archiver's Burgundy & Bazzill Kraft cardstock; Inkssentials Watermark Resist, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist, Stampendous White Embossing Powder & Krylon 18kt. Gold Leafing Pen; Kaiser Rhinestones; Archiver's Static Away, PS Heat Embossing Tool & 3D Foam Squares

Comments

Jinny Newlin said…
Oh, I'm just lovin' that gemstone trail, Ruza, and your bold sentiment is fabulous! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!
Mynn xx said…
What a fabulous butterfly! :) This is a fabulous card--it's just stunning! :)
Ruby said…
Love this Ruza, especially the way you've used the colours against kraft and that big sentiment looks fab. Thanks for joining in the fun with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!